aluzinc sheet in coils
This alloy has the following proportions: aluminum – 55.0% zinc – 43.4% silicon – 1.6%. The zinc coating is replaced with an alloy of aluminum, zinc and silicon. Aluzinc as a material is used not only in construction – for the production of wall and roof coverings, but also in household appliances and ventilation. It owes its popularity to its high corrosion resistance, which significantly exceeds that of only galvanized sheets. Al-uzinc sheet is almost equal to galvanized sheets coated with organic coatings such as polyester.
In addition, it reflects a significant part of sunlight, limiting the heating of rooms covered with alu-zinc sheets. Withstands temperatures up to 300 degrees C without changing the coating!
This layer also protects the edges of the steel, prevents the so-called “Black corrosion” and soiling of the sheet metal and the formation of fingerprints on its surface, while enabling immediate painting of the sheet – if necessary.
We supply aluzinc sheets adapted to the individual needs and expectations of our customers.
Weight proportions of the alloy composition of aul-zinc sheets:
- Aluminium Al – 55,00 %
- Zinc Zn – 43,40 %
- Silicon Si – 1,60 %
The above composition allows for high corrosion resistance due to the synergistic effect of zinc cathodic protection and aluminum shielding effect. Basic advantages of ALUCYNK steel (in relation to hot-dip galvanized steel):
- up to 6 times higher resistance to atmospheric corrosion,
- much better plasticity and adhesion of the coating,
- cathodic corrosion protection on cut edges,
- resistance to elevated temperatures (up to 315 ° C without any changes to the coating),
- much higher light reflectance (much more thermal radiation is reflected from the surface),
- high compression properties,
- weldable properties identical to those of hot-dip galvanized steel,
for the same amount of steel by weight,
- a much higher yield per square meter than for hot-dip galvanized steels.
For more details on our offer for the supply of alu-zinc sheet in coils, please contact our sales department.