Bars are a metallurgical product with transverse dimensions much smaller than the length (the ratio of the transverse dimension to the length is from 0.001 to 0.35). Having high stiffness (usually in order to deform it, significant forces and specialized devices must be used). Bars are manufactured by rolling or drawing.
Bars with the following sections are available:
- round – diameters from 8 to 250 mm
- hexagonal – inscribed circle diameter 8 to 62 mm
- square – edge 8 to 180 mm
- rectangular – width 12 to 150 mm, thickness 5 to 60 mm.
We characterize the steel rod in Polish Standards by the following features:
- the diameter or dimensions of the section
- steel grade.
steel and aluminum bars
For easier identification of steel classes, the bars are smooth (classes A-0 and A-I) or ribbed (classes A-II, A-III and A-IIIN). For ribbed bars, the diameter is averaged. This means that the diameter is determined by the amount of material, not the specific size of the rod. Rods are made of various types of metal. The most popular are steel bars and aluminum bars.
Aluminum rods are made of various grades of aluminum alloys, which are distinguished by their specific properties. For this reason, the selection of the grade should be guided by the future application. There are bars made of such aluminum grades:
- EN AW 6082 / PN PA4 – with high mechanical strength and impact strength. Medium fatigue strength, good weldability and machinability, very good corrosion resistance.
- EN AW 6061 / PN PA45 – with good mechanical properties, good weldability and machinability, very good corrosion resistance.
- EN AW 6060 / PN PA38 – with medium fatigue strength and tensile strength, very good weldability and low machinability, very good corrosion resistance.
- EN AW 7075 / PN PA9 – with high mechanical strength and very high fatigue strength, good machinability, medium corrosion resistance.
- EN AW 7022 (Certal) – with high strength properties, good machinability, low corrosion resistance.
- EN AW 2017 / PN PA6 – with high fatigue strength and tensile strength, good machinability and poor weldability, medium corrosion resistance.
- EN AW 2007 – high fatigue strength and tensile strength, good machinability, medium corrosion resistance.
steel bars - application
Bars are used for the production of products by machining or used as construction elements (trusses, frames) or for reinforcing reinforced concrete. They are delivered as individual products (with larger transverse dimensions) or in bundles (with smaller transverse dimensions).
A rod with a round section, the ratio of the transverse dimension to the length of which is less than 0.001, is called a wire.
For more details on our offer for the supply of steel bars, please contact our sales department.
|Application||Industrial, Sanitary Manufacturing|
|Features||Excellent Quality, Fine Finishing, High Strength|